Friday, August 12, 2011

Pirate Food

Marathon gaming tends to present itself with an issue, especially when playing online: I can't eat and play at the same time.  Not usually, anyway.

Choosing what to eat and when to eat it is pretty much the first thing on my mind when I commit to a multi-hour online engagement. Case in point this time is Puzzle Pirates. Everyone loads up onto the ship, a group anywhere between seven and seventy people depending on the size, and once battle is engaged, there is no way to replace any member of the crew until you get back to port, where you can hire a different player. Leaving before the battle is over is not only considered incredibly rude, but it also dashes your crew's and your own chance of acquiring booty.

Luckily though, after every twenty minutes of gameplay, there's a server-enforced one minute break. People usually run to grab water, stretch, etc during the break, but it's obviously not long enough to eat an entire meal (though I have finished meals by eating them solely during the breaks), which is why I always try to have a bowl of finger snacks that I can munch on as I play. Lately I've been fond of Pull n' Peel, you know those licorice strands that come apart like cheese strings? I just pull off a piece, pop it in my mouth, and nibble off the end whenever I get peckish. I look silly with it hanging out of my mouth, but it's so perfect! Not to mention they're only $2.50 for a bag that lasts me over two days.

Peanut M&Ms are pretty good too, but one bag usually only lasts me about six hours of play time.

I was just thinking about it because some friends and I have scheduled a very full day of piracy tomorrow, and I need more snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment