Wednesday, August 31, 2011

3DS Ambassador: T-9 hours

We're fast approaching what has been a very long wait for me: the launch of the 3DS ambassador program.  I've taken all the right steps to get here, including entering my serial number online to confirm my ambassador status.
In case you didn't know, the 3DS's price was dropped recently, and those who purchased it at the original $250 price tag are getting 20 free games in the coming months.  

Some people asked me whether I thought free games was enough to make up for such a huge price drop.  Even if you ignore the math that buying these games would cost more than the $80 discount, think about it this way:  for my birthday, my mom bought me this 3DS.  Awesome.  Five months later, Nintendo tells me I'm getting twenty free games for it.  Awesome.  And before you make the point that I didn't pay for it so it's not really relevant, I'd like to point out that I don't let people spend money on me unless it's something that I think is worth buying for myself.  If I thought $250 was too much of a ripoff, I wouldn't have let my mom get it for me.  I admit, the fact that it launched on my birthday was part of the appeal, but I have never once thought it wasn't worth it nor used it as a paperweight.  Also thanks mom ♥.

The first ten games are being released tomorrow (or at midnight tonight, if you prefer):
Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ice Climber
Balloon Fight

The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Yoshi a.k.a Yoshi's Egg
Mario Open Golf

Wrecking Crew
Metroid

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are enjoying 3DS and those free games! Love Mom

Post a Comment